At 9:00 am this morning a concerned citizen reported the smell of gas near Forever Propane. Oakland Park Fire Rescue responded to the call. They determined that a gas leak was coming from an one of the delivery trucks parked in the driveway and not from inside the facility.
With the help of BSO Oakland Park, the area was evacuated and remediation of the leak began.
Broward Sheriff’s HazMat team also responded to the scene to assist Oakland Park Fire Rescue in neutralizing the situation. They first tried to transfer the gas from one truck to the other. The effort was mildly successfully, so they began a controlled burn of the gas. Once the threat has been completely eliminated, the area will open back up to traffic.
Oakland Park Fire Chief Steve Krivjanik shared with LivingInOaklandPark.com that nobody has been hurt as a result of the leak.