Dog Parks in Broward County
It is no secret that people in South Florida love their pets. And of all the pet owners out there many of them are dog owners. Dogs, long known as man’s best friend, require not only love, but exercise and interaction with other dogs. It used to be that the number of places that dog owners could take their dogs to play with other canine was limited, but nowadays there is no shortage of dog parks.
So if you are a dog owner, Living In Oakland Park has compiled a list of Dog Parks in Broward County for you to have take your BFF (Best Fur Friend 😉 and have a good time.
Dog Parks in Broward County: Time to Play!
Bark Park features separate fenced areas for large dogs and small dogs, as well as parking for 30 vehicles. Structures provide additional exercise and agility training. Park is not staffed, certain rules apply.
Features: Agility course, dog wash area, fire hydrant, large dog area, parking, restrooms, shelters and small dog area.
971 NW 38 Street
Oakland Park, FL 33334
All year round – 7:30 am to dusk
Bark Park at Snyder Park
Two fenced acres with agility courses for dogs are available at Bark Park in Snyder Park.
3299 S.W. 4th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Daily (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day) – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Closed every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8 to 11 am for maintenance.
Free (except for parking on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays – $1 per car per hour, $5 daily maximum).
Holiday Park Dog Park
Enjoy the brand new dog park in the heart of Fort Lauderdale at Holiday Park!
1150 G. Harold Martin Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Daily – 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
Closed every Monday and Wednesday morning from 8 to 11 am for maintenance.
Dog Rules & Regulations Bark Park at Snyder Park & Holiday Park Dog Park
- All dogs must have current vaccination and license. Puppies under four months old are not permitted.
- Owners must stay with and be responsible for their pets. Aggressive dogs may be removed at the City’s discretion.
- Dog owners shall be responsible for disposing of all fecal matter deposited by their dog.
- Dogs shall not create a nuisance by causing any form of disturbance such as excessive barking or any similar conduct.
- No more than three (3) dogs per person are permitted.
- Rollerblading, roller skating, and bicycle riding are not permitted in Bark Park or Holiday Park Dog Park.
- Dogs in estrus (heat), ill, and/or with internal or external parasites are not allowed in the park.
- Please keep gate closed at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed to dig inside the park.
- Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- No food is allowed inside the park. Treats are to be used for training purposes only.
Note: Dogs and/or their owners who violate these rules are subject to removal from the park and possible suspension. The City of Fort Lauderdale reserves the right to refuse entry into Bark Park at Snyder Park and Holiday Park Dog Park for the reasons of health, safety, and prior offenses or for the comfort of all patrons and/or their pets. Bark Park and Holiday Park Dog Park are not staffed, please use at your own risk.
Other Dog Parks in Broward County
- Barkham at Markham Park: 16001 W. State Rd. 84, Sunrise 33326 | 954-357-8868.
- Dog Park at Emerald Hills Park: 3901 N. 30th Terrace, Hollywood 33021 | 954-921-3404.
- Dog Park at John Williams Park: 6101 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33021 | 954-921-3404.
- Dog Park at Oakridge Park: 5200 S.W. 35th Ave., Hollywood 33021 | 954-921-3404.
- Dog Park at Poinciana Park: 1301 S. 21st Ave., Hollywood 33020 | 954-921-3404.
- Dr. Steven G. Paul Dog Park: 2575 Sportsplex Dr., Coral Springs 33067 | 954-346-4428.
- Gary B. Jones Park for People and Pups: 8101 Southgate Blvd., Tamarac 33321 | 954-597-3620.
- Happy Tails Dog Park: 6500 S.W. 16th St., Plantation 33317 | 954-452-2510.
- Joseph Scavo Park: 900 Three Islands Blvd., Hallandale Beach 33009 | 954-457-1452.
- Precious Paws Dog Park at Patrick J. Meli Park: 2901 S.W. 52nd St., Dania Beach 33312 | 954-985-4400.
- Windmill Park: 700 Lyons Rd., Coconut Creek 33063 | 954-545-6670.
- Woodville Dog Park: 1500 S.W. 83rd Ave., North Lauderdale 33068 | 954-724-7061.
About the Author
Désirée Ávila has called Oakland Park her home for over 31 years. In addition to publishing LivingInOaklandPark.com , Désirée publishes three other blogs and has been featured in print publications, locally and abroad. Désirée was an award winning teacher for 10 years and has a doctoral level education in Educational Technology. She is currently a licensed Florida Realtor® and is committed to a high-level of professionalism and to helping others with their real estate endeavors through education. Désirée is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian.