Bulk Trash Collection
The City of Oakland Park provides bulk trash collection for its residents. The city is divided into four zones and bulk trash is collected on either the first, second, third or fourth Monday. Zone 1 is collected during the first week, Zone 2 is collected during the second week, and so on. You get the idea!
If you do not know which zone you live in, consult the zone boundaries map below. You can also download and print a copy by clicking on the link below the map.
Bulk trash can be put out a maximum of 48 hours before Monday pick-up according to Donald Quier the City of Oakland Park’s Community Enhancement Administrator. Bulk trash can be picked up any day during the collection week of your zone.
It is important to note that when there are 5 Mondays in a month, on the 5th Monday bulk trash will not be collected.
Bulk Trash Do’s and Dont’s
It is not, however, always clear what we can and can’t throw out with our bulk trash. Below is outlined some hard and fast rules for bulk trash collection that will keep you in compliance and out of trouble with code enforcement.
Bulk Trash Do’s
- Bulk Trash must be at least four feet from fences, solid waste bins, fire hydrants, cars, poles, etc. Bulk trash cannot be under low hanging branches or wires. Bulk yard waste and other bulk items should be separated.
- Tree branches must be less than 4 inches wide and no more than 8 feet in length.
- Grass clippings must be placed in bags.
- Carpeting, rugs, and padding must be 50 pounds or less in weight.
- Glass waste must be enveloped in newspaper, and secured in weather-proof containers.
- Stereo and speakers.
- Put appliances and metal items out separately. Remove doors from appliances so they are not a safety hazard and remove valves from propane tanks.
- Bulk trash must be trash from the actual residents of the property.
Bulk Trash Dont’s
- Household hazardous or biohazardous/medical waste.
Click here to see drop-off sites
- Construction material or demolition debris, sand, dirt, rocks, sod or tree stumps.
- No household garbage.
- Auto or marine parts including batteries and tires.
Click here to see drop-off sites
- Things left in front of vacant properties.
- Items placed an unacceptable distance from fences, solid waste bins, fire hydrants, cars, poles, etc.
- Landscaping companies are responsible for removing all trimmings and debris from the work for which they were contracted.
- Business generated materials.
Follow these simple rules in order to take advantage of and stay compliant with the City of Oakland Park’s bulk trash pick-up service.
For More Information
Click here for the City of Oakland Park’s Bulk Trash Collection Code Provisions.
If you have any more questions about bulk trash collection contact the City of Oakland Park’s Solid Waste Division at 954-630-4452.
Be a Part of Oakland Park Online
- Join the Living In Oakland Park Facebook Group .
- Sign up for the Living in Oakland Park Newsletter.
- Do you know of a great story in Oakland Park? Click here to submit it.
About the Author
Désirée Ávila has called Oakland Park her home for over 31 years. In addition to publishing LivingInOaklandPark.com , Désirée publishes three other blogs and has been featured in print publications, locally and abroad. Désirée was an award winning teacher for 10 years and has a doctoral level education in Educational Technology. She is currently a licensed Florida Realtor® and is committed to a high-level of professionalism and to helping others with their real estate endeavors through education. Désirée is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian.