Job Position – Bilingual Medical Clerk
Job Position: Bilingual Medical Clerk
Light of the World Clinic
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, voicemail messages (from Comcast/Samsung phone system) and courier deliveries.
- Turn on TV for Patient Education every morning & end of day.
- Organize/maintain waiting room on a daily basis, especially at end of day.
- Enforce clinic’s policies as needed.
- Pull/File and assist in maintaining medical records; Call patients to remind them of appointments and/or expiring application.
- Greet/Sign-in and Communicate with persons/patients entering establishment in English/Spansih, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Perform patient check-in process (on Chart/Arintra/Athena) on day of visit.
- Listen, respond and resolve inquiries in English/Spanish from customers and public.
- Operate telephone system to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators, fax and computers to work with records, invoices, charts and other documents.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence or other documents as needed.
- Provide information about the clinic such as eligibility criteria and services provided as needed
Receive & maintain accurate payments and record receipts for lab/sponsorships and donations in Clover Machine.
- Transmit information or documents to patients, medical staff and/or hospitals using a computer, mail, or fax machine as necessary or directed by senior management or medical providers.
- Responsible for verification/printing/signatures of DOH Eligibility forms, signatures and virtual forms on a timely manner.
- Responsible for the Athena Communicator messaging system for messages going out to patients on a regular basis.
- Assure that exam rooms, patient/volunteer bathrooms are equipted with soap, multi/c-fold towels and table paper.
- Assist in posting and updating clinic signs & notices as directed by Executive Director or other staff.
- Assist with FlexscanMD with pharmaceutical inventory receipts/error scrips and discarding of necessary medications as asked by ED.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent or higher.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (Portuguese and Creole a plus).
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a cooperative attitude.
Lines of Communication
- Depending on Grant Funding – Position can be full time or part time from 25 hrs per week to 40 hrs per week with a Tuesday – Saturday work week. Must be able to work with computers and able to work with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Access to name a few)
- 30 minute lunch is paid for by the clinic. Any additional time MUST be approved by Executive Director. Lunch MUST be coordinated with other staff in order to insure that the front desk is covered at all times.
- This is a place of business and as such, minimal cell phone use is expected.
If you're interested in this position apply by downloading the form below. After filled out, form must be sent to [XXXX].
Follow Us On Social Media
You must be logged in to post a comment.