Job Position – Bilingual Medical Assistant
Job Position: Bilingual Medical Assistant
Volunteer and Full Time position available
Volunteer position on Tuesday – Wednesdays 9am-2pm – Bilingual (Spanish/English)
We are also looking to hire a Fulltime Bilingual MA for Tuesdays – Saturdays. on Tuesday – Wednesdays 9am-2pm – Bilingual (Spanish/English)
See description and information about submitting your resume below.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Measures and records patient vital signs; records patient interview and medical history.
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures and physicians’ instructions to patient.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient conditions to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Perform non-critical medical and therapeutic procedures based on medical instructions. Collects phlebotomy and other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary, all under physician supervision.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the FlexScanMD Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Provides health coaching to a defined group of patients to support healthy lifestyle choices. Follows up with coached patients via weekly calls.
Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Qualifications and requirements
- Certified/Registered Medical Assistant.
- Associates Degree Medical Assistant or health allied field or equivalent.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- 2-4 years of experience in medical environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a heart of compassion and empathy towards our patients and families.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with team members, including physicians and other clinicians, market leaders, center managers, nurses, case managers, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on resolving problems for patients and achieving team goals.
- Knowledge of medical products, terminology, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skilled in basic phone and computer operation.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally up to 10% of the time to assist in covering community outreach events, as needed.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish.
At LOTWC, If you are an innovative team player who is extremely passionate in helping people and transforming Healthcare, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
Medical Assistants are required to perform the following duties as directed by Medical Director/Executive Director and volunteer physicians.
- Front Desk
- Schedule Appointments
- Confirm next day appointments
- Check messages
- Pull out charts for next day
- Referrals HCH mammogram, ENT, Neuro, Ophthalmology and POM MRI
- Answering phones
- Lab register
- Data entry/ Medical coding
- Follow-up patients for
- medical management
- Monthly lab counts
- Fax outgoing x-rays, ultrasounds etc
- Next day schedule on door
- Close weekly lab money
- Print out lab results
- Vital signs
- Medical Assist
- Assisting physician in procedures
- English/Spanish translation between patients and doctors
- Setting up tray for procedures
- Urine Dipstick test
- Finger sticks
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Hemoccult Test
- Injections/ Vaccinations
- Autoclave Sterilization
- Refrigerator and Freezer
- Log Control – Florida
- Lab Supply Organizer
- Cleaning and disinfecting counters
- Clinic maintenance
- Community Outreach
- Open/Close Clinic
You must be logged in to post a comment.