- Turnips! Yes, turnips were the art board upon which the first Jack O’Lanterns were ever carved.
- False. Cucuritophobia is the fear of pumpkins. The fear of Halloween is Samhainophobia.
- Ireland. Ireland is generally accepted as the birthplace of Halloween.
- Samhain. Halloween is a mix of ancient pagan traditions, however it is most often associated with Samhain an ancient Celtic celebrated to mark the end of the calendar year.
- True. Although Halloween is often associated with Celtic traditions it does also have roots in ancient Rome and the festival of Pomona, goddess of the harvest.
- Salem, Massachussetts and Anoka, Minnesota are the self-proclaimed Halloween capitals of the world.
- Boston, Massachussetts holds the record for the most Jack O’Lanterns lit at once.
- 11, 000 calories! That is a lot of calories in one bag!
- False! But if you answered true you are not totally wrong because there is a fine, however it is not $350 but $250.
- Christmas is the only holiday that beats Halloween in gross sales.
This fun trivia was made possible with facts supplied by the Fact Retriever.
Click on the link to see all 55 fun Halloween facts.
We hope you enjoyed this Halloween Trivia! If you have ideas or suggestions please email us at LivingInOaklandPark@gmail.com.