Dancing in the Street
The City of Oakland Park will host the annual Dancing in the Street event on Friday, April 22, from 6 to 10 p.m. The free mile-long block party will feature live performances by multiple artists including Caribbean Waves Steel Drum Band and classic rock musicians, Mr. Nice Guy Band.
The event will offer food from local restaurants and food trucks, a Kids Zone with a DJ, and goods from local artists and crafters. The family-friendly event will take place on Main Street/NE 12 Avenue, between Oakland Park Boulevard and Park Lane/NE 38 Street.
- Caribbean Waves Steel Drum Band City – Hall, 3650 NE 12 Ave.
- Najee McLean – Rebel Wine Bar, 3520 NE 12 Ave.
- Krystal Millie Valdes – Cyth & Co., 3446 NE 12 Ave.
- The Cuban Trio (Latin music) – 33 Street and NE 12 Avenue
- Mr. Nice Guy Band (Classic Rock) – Big Dog Station, 3148 NE 12 Ave.
- Big Dog Station (burgers and Philly steak sandwiches)
- Butcher’s Barrel (burgers)
- Nestlé Toll House Café By Chip (cookies and brownies)
- Pink Donuts (donuts)
- Richie’s Gourmet Italian Ices (Italian ice)
- SurfSide Sausage (hot dogs)
- Tatts & Tacos (taco bar)
- And eight (8) food trucks from South Florida.
Businesses on Main Street/NE 12 Avenue:
- Big Dog Station
- Butchers Barrel
- Cyth & Co.
- Rebel Wine Bar
Businesses on Park Lane/NE 38 Street:
- Alberte’s Restaurant
- Funky Buddha Brewery
- Tenth Level Tavern
Kids Zone Activities:
Located between NE 34 Street and NE 34 Court, the Kids Zone will feature a variety of activities including a balloon artist, bounce houses, chalk art, the Florida Panthers Game Truck, temporary tattoos, and a Hip-Hop Kidz dance performance at 8:30 p.m.
Other Event Activities:
- North Dixie Highway at NE 38 Street (on the vacant lots on the west side of Dixie)
- NE 12 Terrace and NE 32 Street
- NE 13 Avenue and NE 38 Street
A free Main Street trolley will provide shuttle service from designated parking areas to businesses along Main Street on Friday, April 22, from 12 to 6 p.m.
Time: 6:00PM to 10:00PM
Date: Friday, April 22, 2022
Location: Main Street (N.E. 12th Ave.) – From Oakland Park Blvd. to Park Lane East (N.E. 38th St.)
For more Dancing in the Street details, please call 954-630-4500.